Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rusty Contemplates

Rusty resting (sepia)
Hey, Rusty here.  I've been lying here contemplating my life and I've decided I have a lot to be thankful for.  I guess Jan will have to go on the list or she'll hide the keyboard. (Did I say that out loud?  Kidding, Jan!) My furry brothers and sisters, of course.  My own doghouse ... um, cat clubhouse.  Lots of good food and a roof over my head that doesn't leak.  Guess I should be specific and point out it's the roof that doesn't leak, not my head.  Not that my head leaks. It's a dry, handsome head on a big floofy body.

But I guess there's more to life than just looks, or things we can touch or eat.  There's health.  I won't even mention wealth.  The other Funny Farmers would be rolling on the floor laughing. And there are our blogging friends.

Yes, life is good.  So I think I'll lie here a while longer and do some more contemplating.  Wait.  Perhaps I shouldn't do it on an empty stomach.  Yes, a brain food snack is certainly in order.  If you'll excuse me, I'll just pop into the kitchen while you all pop over to PepiSmartDog's and join the Thankful Thursday blog hop.

What are you thankful for this week?


15 comments:

  1. Awwww lovely Rusty!! We are loving your very thoughtful post! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot to be thankful for little one
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's easy to overlook all our humans do for us.. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful things to be thankful for!

    We're thankful for furriends like y'all, too.

    Have a great Thursday. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful furs. That is a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful for all my online friends.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rusty you certainly DO have a LOT to be THANKFUL Fur.... Maybe you should post this again closer to Thanksgiving to Remind US to be thankful, also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your thankful list is awesome, Rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! It's nice to have a reminder of what to be thankful for sometimes. I'm thankful you made this list. :) - Love, Crepes. (catinthefridge.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. we bee thanx full we noe ewe guys !!! letz all share sum flounder fires N pie !!!! dinnerz on uz at oh 7 hundred :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, N thatz posed ta bee FRIEZ....knot firez... coz de firez R gonna bee seering de flounder :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We is thankful for furriends like you too!

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post =^.^= It's important to say what we are thankful for. It is easy to complain, less easy to give compliment when it is deserved.
    Sorry, I need to give my human a purring snuggle ;-)
    Thank you, furriends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's some good contemplating, Rusty. We know one thing ... we are all thankful for Jan, and all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of stuff to be thankful for indeed !
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.