Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Marcus Houdini

MICAH:  Last week was not one of Jan's favorites.  On Tuesday, she lost two of three dogs during one walk.  (Packing Jan's Brain)

RUSTY:  On Thursday, she stood before a group and adjourned a meeting instead of opening it.  (Bloopers, Winners and Cat Chats)

CYNDI:  On Friday, we heard a rumor she allowed Marcus to strip down to nothing but a collar in public.

PERCY:  I'm starting to wish I could join Jan and the dogs on their walks just to see some of what goes on when we aren't around.

MARCUS:  Rumors of my nakedness were greatly exaggerated.  Oh, wait, no they weren't, but that was Jan's fault.  I only stripped down to one leash.


BUDDY:  We pass that gate every morning on our walk.  But we haven't seen a guard there before.  What did you do, Marcus?

MARCUS:  Me?  I didn't do anything.  And that isn't a guard.  That is Debbie.  She worked at the mill some years ago, then she married and moved away.  She was visiting her aunt and stopped by to take some pictures and relive some happy memories.

SAM:  It's a good thing she stopped by when she did.  There isn't anything left of that particular building except the front wall and that will be coming down too.

MERCI:  It's sad there has been so much vandalism over these last years.  The windows have been broken.  The fence is still solid and standing, though.  It must be sad for someone who once worked there to see it in such terrible shape and to know it will soon be gone, nothing but a memory.


MARCUS:  Hello?  I thought you wanted to hear how I ended up almost nude.

MERCI:  *sigh*  We do.  Go ahead.

MARCUS:  Well, I was taking Jan for an evening stroll when we ran into Debbie.  She and Jan got to talking about when the mill was alive and vibrant.  Jan had never been inside the mill but Debbie told her stories of when she (Debbie) worked there.

SAM:  Get to the point of the story, Marcus.  Nudity in a small town.

MARCUS:  I am getting to the point, but I had to lay some background first.  You know how two human females are when they start gabbing.  They forgot all about me.

BUDDY:  And I take it that since you were not the center of attention, you did something to shift the attention onto you.  Right?

MARCUS:  Sort of.  After they talked for a while, Jan took some pictures and while she was writing down her information for Debbie, she looked down at me and there I was, looking up at her wearing nothing but one leash attached to my collar.  Just like in the above photo.

BUDDY:  But you left here wearing a harness with one leash clipped to the front of the harness and your collar, and with a second leash attached to the back of the harness.   How did you take it off, Houdini?


MARCUS:  That's my secret. Jan unclipped the front leash from the harness while she tried to figure out how to get me dressed again.  A few minutes later she suddenly realized I was naked.  Yep, when she unclipped the front leash from the harness, she'd also unclipped it from my collar and I was just sitting there watching her wearing nothing but a smile. Uh, perhaps I should clarify that - I was wearing nothing but a smile. 

SAM:  Oh, it's too bad you didn't ... I mean, it's a good thing you didn't take advantage of the situation and run away before she got you dressed again.

MARCUS:  I hope Jan learned her lesson.  Two leashes attached to my harness and two eyes on me at all times!

18 comments:

  1. BOL....Marcus, I really think you just need to attach those leashes to HER. Two leashes and you end up naked....something wrong here! HeHeHeHe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Marcus..... you mean, at least for Friday, you were a well behaved boy??? That deserves TREATZ... Jus' sayin'... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hahahaha oh dear Marcus a nudie run :) what will the neighbours think :) awesome fun .for you hahaha Loves Fozziemum xx

      Delete
  4. Humans really need to be leashed more than dogs do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Jan. It has been quite a week for her. Y'all need to cut her a break. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an brilliant escape artist, Marcus!!!
    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. I am glad you didn't run away though as that would have made it a whole lot worse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are so happy you let your mom 'dress' you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dood....frank lee ya look better butt nekkid....kinda like uz....dont EVEN think bout puttin pantz on any oh uz.....for sure ~~~~~~~~~~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so sad when buildings are vandalized especially ones with history that mean something to the community.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very sneaky!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jan, things will get better...hang in there.
    have a super Wednesday...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you didn't run away. Jan would have been devastated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Houdini dogs.... oh boy! I know all too well about those!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nudity in a small town, BOL! Your mom is so funny, er I mean y'all are so funny. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.